Drawing Skills Workshop
Dates and Times:
No Fall workshop scheduled yet, check back soon!
Location: Grand Valley Artists: 1345 Monroe Ave NW, Suite 140 Grand Rapids, MI, 49505
Cost: $75 for three sessions
Cast drawing is a time-honored tradition going back to the 19th century French academy and is still practiced today in ateliers around the world. The purpose is to recognize the light patterns and structure of the human form, with the benefit of an unmoving subject. The methods learned directly translate to drawing and painting the human figure.
- Charcoal pencils
- 2H, HB, 4B, 6B (2 each)
- Charcoal powder
- Black pastel pencil (2)
- White charcoal pencil (2)
- White Pastel Pencil (2)
- Black Pan pastel
- Canson Grey toned paper (2)
- White paper 18×24
- Additional supplies
- Kneaded eraser
- White eraser (block form and in a click pen)
- Exact-o knife for sharpening
- Sighting stick
- Should be around 10 inches long, and very light weight. I use a wooden BBQ skewer)
- Triangular makeup applicators
- These can be purchased at CVS, Meijer, or Target.
- 1 inch rectangular brush, something inexpensive.
- A shallow dish approximately 4-5 inches in diameter.
- Cut up strips of an old shirt.
- Board for clipping paper.